LIT 110

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Evening Star

My heart lives on this December night
On this weighted drift in time
In a land of blissful blue moonlight
The Evening Star mirrors all who pine
Beneath the Night’s Eye she swings
As a girl who within her love no peace sings
How it is my Evening Star that night is your best light
How does the darkness make of you the fairest sight
The Bright and Morning Star has saved me
A tear drop of the sun.
But you tell of a road to be long treaded;
Of the fierce battle, the loss I long dreaded
When I headed east to snatch the day
While beside the shifting moon
You blocked my way
So say I to you, the one beside the shifting moon
“What is love if he leaves too soon?
If only himself one blissful night and only part the rest?
You cheat yourself and that’s true
And is really what makes the night blue
Some nights its only you.
On this weighted drift in time
You, Evening Star, mirror all who pine

No comments:

Post a Comment